I know someone who enjoys eating buffets. There's really nothing wrong with enjoying the variety of food which it seems that you get some value for your money with these choices. However, I just wonder why he prefer that with everything else. Well maybe because I don't have a big appetite even if I want to, maybe for them eating juicy slacks of tenderloin steak or plateful of sashimi equates to epicurean enjoyment of food. With so many choices, I think it does look like value for money for people who loves to eat.
But I wonder....Is the pleasure from eating one type of dish less than feeling full after excessively satisfying your appetite?
They say different strokes for different folks so I stop myself from commenting how weird it seems for me how one can schedule buffet meals during weekends. I'd rather travel, learn and enjoy our cultures than munch on same type of food every week (anyway, that food won't even last inside my body and from my memory span, the impression of the taste will probably last around 2 weeks..)
With all the choices, maybe all we need is one perfect dish which will linger in our memories...
Buffet Mentality
Saturday, June 28, 2008 at 9:30 PM Labels: { Random thoughts }
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment