Forget me not

I stumbled into a korean movie which is one of my favorites, A Moment to Remember. My Itunes shuffled its way to a song in its Original Soundtrack. Nothing special really...but it feels so peaceful hearing the man sing...even though I don't understand the lyrics of the song, I can feel the emotion that guy is trying to project.

The movie is fictional but it can happen to anyone. The story seems to be like the that of the
Notebook but the girl is still at her prime. Can't believe that there can be a guy like that...the grief he would feel. Can you imagine someone you love forget you ever existed. How reality can change if one's memory got lost..unfair right?

And this got me thinking, since I also have a bad memory...what if I'll lose mine? In psychology, there's this disorder called
Dissociation where the person compartmentalize their traumatic memories or disquieting thoughts from normal consciousness. But this is an acute disorder rather than the normal. I tend to forget memories often..it's hard to recall stuff when I try so hard. Hmmm..hopefully I won't be one of those Alzheimer's patients. Well..good thing I have blogs to take note of what I feel that moment. It helps when I want to remember.

0 comments: