Poetic Memory

"The brain appears to possess a special area which we might call poetic memory and which records everything that charms or touches us, that makes our lives beautiful. Love begins at the point when a woman [man] enters her [his] first word into our poetic memory."- Unbearable Lightness of Being (Milan Kundera)

There's this one interesting phrase that I left an impression on me. I read it a few times before when I read Milan Kundera's book. I don't know how to decipher why it meant so much. I woke up one day and remembered some things about the past..l. A few moments, a few memories, a few seconds...but it lasted in my mind almost forever.

Maybe at that split second, these special moments had touched something inside of me that triggered to open a space in my mind that holds on to these memories. Those that linger, those that make it seem like yesterday...

Of all the millions of seconds that passed by my life, I get to recall a few special moments...how interesting right? The feeling that lingered during that time...initiated a momental bliss...where there is no space and time.


0 comments: