Paulo Coelho

He's the only one I truly admire. He's not a just an author, he is a messenger of the Universe. Reading his books reminds me to go back on how I originally view the world. This might sound new age, but I always get a feeling how mundane and frivolous everyday life can get, and I need to always regain some energy back into my spirit.

Do you also feel that way?

I close my eyes and just imagine my favorite quotes being whispered to me as the gentle breeze playfully touch my face.


“Do not try to explain feelings. Live everything intensely and treasure what you feel as a gift from God.” Brida

"When you want something, the whole universe conspires to help you realize your desire.When you want something, the whole universe conspires to help you realize your desire." The Alchemist

"At every moment of our lives, we have one foot in a fairy tale and the other in the abyss." Eleven Minutes

"
It hurt when I lost each of the men I fell in love with. Now, though, I am convinced that no one loses anyone, because no one owns anyone. That is the true experience of freedom: having the most important thing in the world without owning it." Eleven Minutes

"
In this world there is always one person waiting for another, be it in the middle of a desert or in the middle of a big city. And when those two people pass each other and their eyes meet, past and future lose all importance, and the only thing that exists is that moment and the incredible certainty that everything under the sun was written by the same hand, the hand that awakens love, and that makes a twin soul for everyone who works, rests and seeks treasures under the sun. Without this our human dreams would make no sense" The Alchemist

There are times I wonder how this moves me in a way I couldn't explain. The soothing voice summons my soul to be strong in my pursuit for purpose and happiness despite struggles of knowing, identifying everything to fit living life. I often stare out the windows and observe the surroundings with longing. I see nature unfold its infinite beauty...it's mysterious, nostalgic.

I have this personal theory on inspiration. Inspiration for me comes when I least expect it. It pulls me to love what I will be doing in a crazy fervor. It's ultimately different from being motivated. I can easily motivate myself. With gentle reminders of things to do here and there, I can blindly follow to finish tasks upon deadline. Motivation pushes me to do things. Inspiration pulls me like gravity.

However, this doesn't always happen. I am still waiting for inspiration to come to me and stay. Maybe with that, I can create something worth sharing to the world. Just like Paulo Coelho, as how he is to the world, a burst of inspiration for wanderers of life.

1 comments:

  Oksy

August 10, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Love him <3