
Ayutthaya is one of ancient ruins located an hour away from Bangkok, Thailand. I'm not quite familiar with the history of Thailand but I read in Wikipedia that Ayutthaya was once a kingdom. When the Burmese invaded the Ayutthaya, they destroyed almost all of the kingdom thus this sad place.
There were also a lot of Buddha(s) beheaded as I feel it was a sort of disrepectful act they can do to the kingdom as Buddhism was already an official religion.
There was one Buddha head among the roots of a very old and large tree. Tourist like me even have to almost kneel to take a picture as a sign of respect.
This is quite an amazing experience though it was very hot that day. In my mind, I already imagine how this place looked like hundreds of years before. Sad that it was destroyed...present day people like us couldn't enjoy the splendor and artistry of ancient people.
Ayutthaya
Sunday, March 9, 2008 at 11:42 PM Labels: { Travel adventures }
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
March 14, 2008 at 2:44 AM
Good weather for pictures ah! It was drizzling when we went on tour.. Darnit!
Post a Comment