Indulge


I did notice how I start to love giving myself something to indulge upon.

The word indulgence has a negative connotation to me because I remember what we studied in history before. Indulgence was an act or remission the Roman Catholic Church would grant to devote sinners who want their sins to be "forgiven" which is more on bribing in the Middle ages.

Indulge. People say you should pamper yourself once in a while. Eating your favorite ice cream, or just eating out to try some expensive restaurant for a change. This is indulgence nowadays. Well, it is my first time to earn money full time while working for someone. Thus, I get to be excited whenever it's nearing salary period (which is once again few days from now, yey!).

I'm starting to think about what to buy for myself next month, but then again, we'll be going to Cebu to surprise my friend on her birthday. When will I be able to save enough money to invest! (oh no! am I running out of time?) Hmm...being indulgent has a thin line between being materialistic. I'm really a practical person come to think of it. I weigh the pro's and con's of buying something expensive to see if it's worth it. I'm not used to shopping in branded stores nor knowing the difference of a LV monogram or speedy. I'm a cheapstake person...but I love buying more out of my hard earned money! Even eating out here in Singapore, we would always try to budget our weekend treat to less than 20sgd a meal! I don't like shelling out money for expensive food, because I would rather save them to buy something I can use for a long time. (Then, I imagine my mom nagging me to eat healthy food so I won't regret about my health after all this...true..but..still..)

I confess though, the indulgence I see myself not regretting at all is traveling! Already booked a trip to Macau this Aug! I'll be lurking over travel blogs soon to see what adventure we'll plan there! Need to save for Cambodia this October...ticktock..do I still have a long way to go?


0 comments: